Halachah For the 22nd Century

The Fringes of Technology meet the Fringes of Halachah


View My Stats

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Why I'm Writing This.

I've always been fascinated with science, especially its most unlogical, incomprehensible parts. The same goes for halacha. The idea isn't to have boring discussion of cases which might actually come up, like artificial insemination, but it is interesting to discuss some hypothetical, like, I don't know, time travel and its effect on Sefirah. These posts are mainly tongue-in-cheek. I have no real knowledge of either Halachah or technology so anything serious I might say is probably worthless. In addition I like science fiction/fantasy and that can have just as interesting and just as ridiculous halachic implications.

5 Comments:

Blogger anonym00kie said...

wow how random, i have no idea how i got to your blog, but i was just thinking today, i wish there was a halacha blog! (HONEST!)
i dont know if this is the kind of halacha blog i was thinking about, but this is definately a sign!!

good luck with your blog :)

10:32 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

I think I should take this as a good Segula for my website.

11:03 PM  
Blogger Tobie said...

Sounds like a lot of fun...can you deal with the halachot of super-heroes as well? I know it might be over the line into fantasy there, but who knows what genetic engineering may produce?
I want a post on x-ray vision and kashrut!

11:50 PM  
Anonymous Novartza said...

What is there to post about X-ray vision and kashrut? Unless you mean insects that are only visible via x-ray vision?

You know that halakha doesn't even acknowledge insects which you can't see without a magnifying glass or microscope (unless you can actually see something with good eyesight).

9:44 AM  
Blogger Tobie said...

I suppose I really meant "heat-ray vision". My apologies for the wrong wording.

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home